Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 2016 Mars Red SLK 300 yesterday and turned in my 2014 Mars Red SLK 250. Sounds good, right? Well, today I went to take it for a ride, won't start. MB Tech came, battery is fine...waiting for a tow truck so it can go back to the dealer. Less then 25 miles...WTF?:crying:

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
Hopefully something simple. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had no problem with my SLK 250, maybe i should have kept it. Wife wasn't to happy that we had to cancel Valentines Day dinner reservation waiting for a tow truck sent by Mbrace. Came 2 hours after they promised it would be there…

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
I had no problem with my SLK 250, maybe i should have kept it.
I think swapping the 250 for the 300 will show itself to be a wise move in time.

The 300 is the evolution of the 250. Same engine and weight, much better power. Once they have the gremlins ironed out of yours you'll love it. And so will your wife.

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK55 AMG
592 Posts
Definitely the exception to the rule with these cars...

Keep us posted, and sorry to hear about your blown dinner date...there will be many more once they address this (likely) simple issue. :)

Reactions: inforem

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the engine is slightly bigger and it does have features that the 250 didn't have. I especially like the gear shift in the 300. It is just frustrating that it is in the shop already. They did bring me (drove it 25 miles to my house) a E350 to use until they can figure out the problem. As long as it's not convertible season I'm a little "OK" with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MB closed for President Hoiday

Man, the fact that you're this calm about it says loads about what a kind and patient person you are. I'd be on the MB email as we speak. LOL
Tried calling MB yesterday first thing, but they were closed for Presidents Day (USA holiday). Called Mbrace to put in a complaint about there outsource company for towing (CRAPPY ALLSTATE). They will investigate as to why it took so many hours to tow the car. And why I was lied to about the ETA of the tow truck 2 times. There are a lot of people to blame. I just want the car back.:crying:

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
I think the engine is slightly bigger and it does have features that the 250 didn't have.
It's the same base engine with a bigger turbo and an intercooler upgrade. Effectively it's very similar to the Brabus B4 tuning kit for the 250.

inforem said:
I especially like the gear shift in the 300.
Yes, it's very neat. You can see how it's just going to disappear in the R173, probably replaced with a touchscreen or menu choice.

inforem said:
It is just frustrating that it is in the shop already. They did bring me (drove it 25 miles to my house) a E350 to use until they can figure out the problem. As long as it's not convertible season I'm a little "OK" with it.
I think you have to give them some credit for keeping you mobile and trying to keep the inconvenience to a minimum.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Tried calling MB yesterday first thing, but they were closed for Presidents Day (USA holiday). Called Mbrace to put in a complaint about there outsource company for towing (CRAPPY ALLSTATE). They will investigate as to why it took so many hours to tow the car. And why I was lied to about the ETA of the tow truck 2 times. There are a lot of people to blame. I just want the car back.:crying:
Oh, totally understandable. That wasn't a dig to be clear, I thought it was admirable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seems the starter blew a fuse (why?). They replaced the starter without looking for why the fuse blew. I hope it is not an electrical problem. It is now going into collision as the car has a ding in the hood and "someone" tried to fool me by touching up the scratch. I and the tow truck guy both noticed it. I'm surprised that the prep people at the dealer didn't or didn't want to. The car will be laid up until late next week. That will be at least 2 weeks before I get to drive it. That is asinine.:crying:

MBUSA is looking into the ball being dropped by so many people.

I hope this isn't an omen of things to come.

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
It seems the starter blew a fuse (why?). They replaced the starter without looking for why the fuse blew. I hope it is not an electrical problem. It is now going into collision as the car has a ding in the hood and "someone" tried to fool me by touching up the scratch. I and the tow truck guy both noticed it. I'm surprised that the prep people at the dealer didn't or didn't want to. The car will be laid up until late next week. That will be at least 2 weeks before I get to drive it. That is asinine.:crying:

MBUSA is looking into the ball being dropped by so many people.

I hope this isn't an omen of things to come.
OK, now I'd be VERY unhappy. It's OK that a new car breaks down. It happens but when they damage your brand new car when they're fixing it and they try to cover it up, I'd be RAGING.

And we have significantly lower expectations of customer service in the UK, believe me!

·
*Registered
2005 SLK200
648 Posts
OK, now I'd be VERY unhappy. It's OK that a new car breaks down. It happens but when they damage your brand new car when they're fixing it and they try to cover it up, I'd be RAGING.

And we have significantly lower expectations of customer service in the UK, believe me!
+1 Disgraceful 'service' .... I too would be furious :frown:

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250 CDI
355 Posts
Hi
if i was you I would reject the car.
You will always have it on your mind , I know I would .
My Cherokee had to have a new gearbox under warranty they managed to dent the bonnet while it was in the shop. They said they hadn't, they even said they did not even open the bonnet . But when I had visited there was a power cable across the bonnet and it was open . They resprayed it in the end .
I don't trust any dealers.
Michael

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.