Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First time Benz owner. Love the car. Bought used at 39,000 miles. Any significant watch outs from those with more experience? How do they drive in snow given the rear drive? Will most non engine after market parts be interchangable on 280s and 350s?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles. I bought my car used as well. The first things I did was change to oil/filter, air filter and cabin filter (directions on this site). The air and cabin filters were not cleaned by the dealer and they were filthy.

Can't really help with the driving in snow part. :)

Other than that, I've had a seat heater die and the rear defroster go. I think the car had these problems before I got it though. Overall, it's been a great car for the year I've had it, and this site is a great resource.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome from Blighty.... :)

I have driven our SLK in snow a few times (yesterday being the most recent).. It is easy to spin up the back end, but driven sensitively it's fine. Front-wheel drive typically has better traction in ice and snow though.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Where in the usa?

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate’ or Help Donate’. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Registered
622 Posts
mine has been parked up since last thursday!, we have so much snow here its just not worth bending such a car!..... mind i walked two hours this morning, thinking to myself all the way "what am i doing"

·
Registered--In between SLK's
14,965 Posts
Hi from a very very snowy London, quite the contrast from yesterday, looks like the roof is staying up today!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts