Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Name is Filipo Su'a, Samoan Pacific Islander living and enjoying the Finest City great weather in San Diego California. I just bought a Black 1998 SLK 230 with oyster black interior' 122,400mls for my 18 year old daughter. She just graduated from high school and was working part time saving her money for her first car. She loves the car(Sporty looks & it's a Mercedes) even though there are several cosmetic flaws like the paint peeling off the interior, the top not working in auto, small windows are jammed in down position. Brake lights did not work - which I did not check when purchasing - but did not work when we got home. The recall on lights were done in 2005 when I called MBZ. I have since repaired the lights with my own quick easy fix. I am looking at slowly fixing up the car(as my daughter gets money) so it will be so much better for her. I am going to tackle the small windows' issue first for safety, and then the interior before tackling the top. I will greatly appreiciate all the help/information you proud owners can give. I am very handy and pretty much DIY first(money issues). I need a repair manual for the car. I had it smogged for change of ownership but the P1519 code shows. Some blogs talked about checking the K40 relay but I have not idea where that is located(no schematics). Thanks for all your help. I am learning about this car every day. It looks cool. ;)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,421 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!*

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.*
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.*

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan via Richardson Texas.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts