Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on the way home tonight my car decided that one of my speakers was going to pop then sound a lot like a tin can attached to a string..... So, excuse to replace speakers. Might as well do the radio also. I do Have a few questions.
1) Anyone that has replaced speakers... What did you put in?
2) Isn't there a built in amp? Did anyone bypass this?
3) After a brief scene with the teleconnect system... I started thinking about upgrading to a radio with Bluetooth and hands free. Has anyone ever routed a microphone into the existing spot by the sos button or converted the factory mic to work with an aftermarket radio?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
A fellow member was able to route the microphone to the OEM location. Link.

I installed a Kenwood head unit a while back and there was some discussion about it. Here.

I kept the original amplifier and speakers. The sound is decent and much improved over the stock radio.

Now I have a speaker rattle in the rear right subwoofer. I took the speaker grill of and applied presure to the actual woofer enclosure and the rattle went away. I am sure it is not a blown speaker but rather vibration between the two plastic surfaces. I guess I will need to take that area apart to try and solve te problem or I could always wedge something to dampen the vibrations.

Which speaker is sounding like a tin can?

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.