·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some recent shots...:)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
The tint does differ when in full sun and in the shade. Both look superb.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I love that color... Looks amazing.

enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys - treated the car to the full Zaino kit today! *L*

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are even purple hues at certain light angles...really is an amazing colour that is hard to do justice with in pictures.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Really amazing color. It really does change shades in different lighting conditions. Doesn't even look like a paint offered by factory... looks like a custom job.

Great selection! really unique

I think it may look really good with a light tint on the windows, say 50% or 35% at most. That would really make it flow...

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Did they mention it was pearlescent in any way. I think the best paint scheme I ever saw was a TVR in blackpool, UK with a pearlescent purple coat. It looked great as it came toward me then went through an array of colours in the sunlight and ended up purple. These paintjobs are really difficult to represent fairly in pictures.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No mention of pearl, but it sure does have a lot of flake in it. There are a couple older cars around where I live with Dupont Extreme Rainbow paint(or some kind of name like that) that sounds like what you describe. Ford also produced a Mustang Cobra with "Mystic" paint that has quite a dramatic colour shift (see pic). Mine is nowhere near that extreme, but noticeable just the same.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.