Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,269 Posts
Hi Niall, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG
21 Posts
I managed to get the car out of the garage and wash it before the rain arrived, here's some pictures...
Rear Nearside Quarter Top Down
Front Offside
Offside
Interior
Lovely car Niall - I recognise that reg from one for sale, did it come with it? Optical illusion, front wheel looks bigger than rear in offside pic 😂 No break in the weather here, I was really sad and polished half of mine in the garage as I couldn’t get to the other side.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG - Silver
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It was the reg on it when it was for sale (bought from an ebay classified!), in a brief bit of pre-purchase research I found that it had also been auctioned a couple of years before, so I could find the auction report, which was OK apart from some driver's seat bolster wear. The seller bought it from a car dealer a couple of years ago, the dealer must have bought it from the auction, as all the timings check out, but it's had a few owners (I'm the 9th)
The reg will probably change fairly soon as I have another reg to put on it. I think the wheels are correct, i.e. both 18" 245/35 on the rear and 225/40 on the front and no sign of wheel spacers. The car was advertised at a good price and I bought it quickly after a brief inspection and hpi check. Everything seemed fine, but I was expecting something to crop up on closer inspection when I got it home, I've had a good look around now, both on top and underneath and so far it's OK, even the rear subframe looks solid! Prices of R171 SLK55s seem to be all over the place, but I think it's mileage that's the real price sensitive thing, which is wierd because a big V8 in a light car is a very understressed thing IMHO and if mine is a typical example, the body is in excellent condition.

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG
21 Posts
It looks great and one I was interested in, but I am rubbish at committing to look at cars at the weekend due to kids clubs and things. Ended up finding mine in York while in Manchester for work🤦‍♂️ My front wheel looks bigger than the rear in pics, but as you say, they are original size.
I was looking at 996 911’s, Boxsters amongst others but the Porsche’s engine woes worried me enough to dismiss them.
Great size engine in a small car - a German Muscle Car 😏

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,759 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a damp and windy Wiltshire!

Sounds like you've a project on your hands - and you're relishing the prospect! Good luck!

Plenty of helpful experts on here for you to ask questions and work with. May your journey be rewarding and fun.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts