Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1999 SLK230 which came with 12,800 original miles and is like new. I traded in a 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder which I enjoyed but is nothing like the comfort and poise of the SLK. My wife is enjoying the automatic transmission and being 57 years old now I have to admit I am liking that feature as well.

I do have a question which I will try to find the right format to pose and look forward to many years of fun and reliable enjoyment of the car.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,118 Posts
post your question in the r170 general discussion

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator
14,077 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining.

·
Premium Member
17,945 Posts
Welcome from Portland, Oregon. Check out the SLK NW Group under the clubs section of the forum. They are based out of the Seattle area and have lots of events/drives in your area.

·
Premium Member
11,306 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
fastdawg
4,427 Posts
I just purchased a 1999 SLK230 which came with 12,800 original miles and is like new. I traded in a 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder which I enjoyed but is nothing like the comfort and poise of the SLK. My wife is enjoying the automatic transmission and being 57 years old now I have to admit I am liking that feature as well.

I do have a question which I will try to find the right format to pose and look forward to many years of fun and reliable enjoyment of the car.

Wow, 12,800 miles on a 1999, that's a great find! Welcome from Sunny and nice Columbus, Ohio!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Everyone!

I have owned a few other convertibles in the past but am finding the SLK230 a very fun and comfortable car and most important, my wife loves it! Having joined other special interest car groups as well I must say this is the most friendly and welcoming of all...I will look into the local SLK group here in the Seattle area and grab as much of the top down fun weather we have left for this season. It has been one of the most spectacular summers I can remember here in the Northwest and we have already put another 1,300 miles on the car in the last three weeks of ownership...what a fun car to own and drive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts