Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Great to say hello.
Delighted to have taken delivery of my new SLK 250d AMG line with the 9G box.
Driven 1500 miles in the first week and getting used to it. Lots of tech but not always intuitive to use.
Best things are the seats, I specced them in red nappa leather with memory.
Also love the ambient lighting, it really makes the interior special at night.
Worst things are the speed limiter, and the cup holders, it will hold two small cans, but not even one small coffee cup.
All in all though not a lot to complain about, considering I love everything else.
I just don't understand how they can make a car with this performance, but still it returned 57 mpg on its first long run and the engine is tight.
I predict over 60mpg when it is run in properly. :smile:
I definitely have the best of both worlds.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,894 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

mods you should do:
smarttop

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

Lube those seals:
http://www.slkworld.com/226839-post1.html

Your brochure:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/167265-mercedes-brochure-archive.html#post1511249

Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car).

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Hi and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

. . . . .
Worst things are the speed limiter, and the cup holders, it will hold two small cans, but not even one small coffee cup.
. . . . .
I am intrigued though... what don't you like about the speed limiter? I use mine in almost all built-up areas and roadworks!

Reactions: binty

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
14,633 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Welcome to SLK World from Kent.
I have managed a maximum of 64.6mpg. This was a 147 mile journey, 90% motorway. Of course, that's the figure from the onboard computer, so allow some margin for accuracy, but even so, not bad at all! Overall, just passed 7500 miles with an average of 53.2mpg.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Dave,
I have found the speed limiter starts to come in well before the selected speed. For example last week i set it at 50 in a 50 limit, accelerated from a roundabout where two lanes merged into one and it took the power off at 45 to allow it to creep up to 50. Very disconcerting as I wanted that few extra mph to fit into traffic. Suppose i will get used to it, just didn't like it taking control before the limit I had set.
Thank you.
Binty

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi it was a long motorway journey, Lincolnshire to Stirling, M62, M6, M74, but it is returning an indicated 54mpg in mixed driving.
1400 rpm at 70mph probably accounts for it. I will see how it beds in over time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well another new 250d owner as of yesterday and went for gentle drive on a twisty B road today. 30 miles in all and averaged 73mpg :nerd: which is on a brand new engine and better than MB quotes. Well chuffed with that although I was taking things nice and gently. It included some hills and junctions up to 60mph so when run in should improve a little more.
I will now be getting the speeds up a lot more but looking fantastic for economy on a car like this >:D

·
Registered 2004 SLK200
17 Posts
Hello and welcome from Italy!

Hi everyone,
Great to say hello.
Delighted to have taken delivery of my new SLK 250d AMG line with the 9G box.
Driven 1500 miles in the first week and getting used to it. Lots of tech but not always intuitive to use.
Best things are the seats, I specced them in red nappa leather with memory.
Also love the ambient lighting, it really makes the interior special at night.
All in all though not a lot to complain about, considering I love everything else.
I just don't understand how they can make a car with this performance, but still it returned 57 mpg on its first long run and the engine is tight.
I predict over 60mpg when it is run in properly. :smile:
I definitely have the best of both worlds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.