Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Just a quick note to introduce myself,
I just confirmed to the dealer that we'd be buying a 2001 silver 230k we went and tested on Saturday.
It'll be ready on Wednesday for me to give to my wife as an anniversary present.
It was time to do something completely frivolous just for us, oops, I mean her, I have absolutely no interest in driving it whatsoever, cough!

I'll post pic's when I get a chance

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.*
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan via Richardson Texas.....

Reactions: Rollo The Cat

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome and congratulations from southern California.

Reactions: Rollo The Cat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:tazz:Damn Damn Damn and blast!:tazz:
I transferred money from an instant access savings account to my current account and although it disappeared instantly it'll take upto 3 days for it to reappear.
So it looks like we wont be getting the SLK today like I'd planned, the money may appear today but tomorrow looks more likely.

Its a nice sunny day here today and I'd really been looking forward to driving it back home before handing it over to Mrs Cat tomorrow as her anniversary pressie.

Anybody want to place a bet on it raining tomorrow?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got it!!!!!!

Managed to sort out the money side of things and picked it up this evening....

Things to do:
New wheel nuts - these are rusty
New boot(trunk) lid struts - wont stay open unless fully up
Repair 2 small paint chips - one on wing, one on roof
Get rear parking sensors fitted
Give it a major going over with Meguires clay bar and polish

Give it a name, ill leave that to Mrs Cat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the boot(trunk) struts at lunch time, I tried a couple of parts suppliers but no luck so went to the MB dealer to check the astronomical price they'd charge......

£26($42.80) for the pair!!! I almost snapped his hand off.
I also asked about the wind deflector and they can have one in 2 days for £65 ($107) which I thought was good.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Most excellent!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts