Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,109 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

First please update your location and vehicle (Put Looking!)(year?: 1996-2016, model?: 32, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300,320,350,55) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
14,066 Posts
Hi and welcome from central Florida.

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.

Marykay
Florida Event Coordinator

·
Premium Member
11,251 Posts
Hi Greg, and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

As Jeff and Marykay have already mentioned above, it would be great if you could add your location and car details into your forum profile (you can put 'Looking for an SLK' for vehicle), please. Instructions included in their posts above, thanks! :tu:

Good luck with the search for your perfect SLK! :D

·
Premium Member
11,305 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

We hope you get a SLK soon, preferably a SLK 55!

·
Registered
778 Posts
hope it's soon

You've definitely landed in the right place...we'll be here for you when you have a question or feel like sharing some insights. Best of luck on your search for an SLK

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Hi, Greg...from another one! Enjoy your search, despite what others will tell you the best SLK to have is one with a manual transmission. You never really recover from Mercedes-Benz ownership; you just replace them periodically with newer ones. Our SLK 280 Sunhilde is our fifth M-B and one of two that currently grace the garage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the amazingly warm and enthusiastic welcome, SLK nuts!

I'm located in beautiful Franklin, TN, about 50 km S of Guitar Town (Nashville). My Mercs have been, chronologically: '84 190D 2.2, 5, speed, '92 190E 2.3, AT, '93 300TE, '89 190D and another '89 190D, after my first one was killed by a deer. My wife, Marchell and I are currently sharing her '06 Mazda 3S. Pretty nice, for a rice burner, and a little more reliable than an MB. err...bullet proof!

Now that I've accepted middle age, I wanna rediscover the romance of topless driving, as I did in my first car; a '74 Fiat X1/9 and my '92 BMW 318ic. Now that was a great car. The Fiat...

I've never even sat in an SLK, but I don't need to. I have my sights set on a 230, 5 speed, in black, if I can find one. Just hope my Porsche Design golf clubs will fit.

NEWAY, thx again for the warm welcome and we'll chat with time. Very Best, Greg

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,109 Posts
Greg,

Please update your location and vehicle (Put Looking!)(year?: 1996-2016, model?: 32, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300,320,350,55) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts