Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Room 4 2
235 Posts
That's what I'm waiting for:burnout:
Not a biggie, but I believe the 172 was introduced in 2012, making this it's 3rd year - so maybe you have a year less than you think to wait!

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,350 Posts
MB history is a new model gets a face lift after three years and and new model 3 years after a face lift. Going back to a 171 like nose I think the Europe rules on the nose of cars will not let that happen. Look at all new models of all brands they all have a high flat front end to meet Europe safety requirements.

Face lift is small changes in body trim like ground effects and outside mirrors and a few things like that. Things yhou have to look twice to see.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Going back to a 171 like nose I think the Europe rules on the nose of cars will not let that happen. Look at all new models of all brands they all have a high flat front end to meet Europe safety requirements.

Absolutely right. It was new pedestrian safety regulations that mandated the higher, stubbier noses on cars. They didn't want a struck pedestrian to ride up the hood and through the windshield or over the top of the car; presumably they are injured less severely if they bounce off the front of the car?:confused:

So no return to the SLR/R171 kinds of noses.

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Model Change

the 172 is only in it's second year.. probably another three before an update. What are you hoping for? Back to the 171 style??? wink
Absolutely not. I picked my nose and I like it. Would like the exterior sport package and I would like a small shelf or space behind the seat. Just enough for a jacket or brief case etc. and a TURBOCHARGER to scare off the Big Boss Mustangs and others. :burnout: I am also looking for a button I can push to make a deep growl sound when I see one of the above cars. I want this to aggravate my wife. Heeee Heeeee :bannana:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,106 Posts
get an amg?

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
299 Posts
:fart:Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbarringer100 View Post
Going back to a 171 like nose I think the Europe rules on the nose of cars will not let that happen. Look at all new models of all brands they all have a high flat front end to meet Europe safety requirements.
Absolutely right. It was new pedestrian safety regulations that mandated the higher, stubbier noses on cars. They didn't want a struck pedestrian to ride up the hood and through the windshield or over the top of the car; presumably they are injured less severely if they bounce off the front of the car?:confused:

So no return to the SLR/R171 kinds of noses.
Way to kill the dream guys.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Ditto!

:fart:Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbarringer100 View Post

Way to kill the dream guys.
Ditto. Nothing beats the nose of an R171!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts