Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys and Gals...

Found this on the internet...

I am NOT going to do this to my car but there may be someone out there that would like the idea...:Beer:

I DO like the idea but am not going to do it to my car.:burnout:

www.mrmikes.com/fierospeakers.htm

Have fun with it!!!!:bannana:

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont like it either it makes the interior look cheap. Just leave them alone they dont need anything to inprove them.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not planning on doing it.

Just thought I would throw the idea out there.

If you have ever sat in a speaker chair, you know how good it can sound having surround sound.

Done tastefully, using SLK headrests, it would not change the look of the car, only the sound.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ok Guys and Gals...

Found this on the internet...

I am NOT going to do this to my car but there may be someone out there that would like the idea...:Beer:

I DO like the idea but am not going to do it to my car.:burnout:

www.mrmikes.com/fierospeakers.htm

Have fun with it!!!!:bannana:

You know, Mr. Mike made my custom grey leather, red leather insert, and red piping / red stitched logo seat covers for my 1986 Fiero GT. He's quite good.

Actually, he thought the seats would look horrible, but after I forced him to make them, he thought my idea looked great. It did! The car sold to the first person who saw it.

The Fieros had speakers there initially because mid-engine cars have very little space for sound systems. Remember the firewall is behind you, and it can't be easily cut out for speakers.

They were football shaped speakers, and you had to cut the seat to get to them and replace blown ones. In later years they were able to move the seat belt anchor and put in 4" x 6" (very shallow) in the back, so they stopped those after the first year.

The Miata has them, but they were better with it. The Miata is designed so that you unzip the headrest part and the front comes down letting you get at the speakers.

PS, the back of the car looks orange do to something with the camera, the seats really did match the exterior color.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.