Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, almost new, and almost owner! I just put a down payment on a 2007 SLK - Mars Red. She's got 19k miles and comes CPO from Mercedes!! Taking delivery some day this week!

I looked at so many cars and honestly, nothing "felt" right - I sat in every BMW model and it all felt so clunky and uncomfortable. Even when I sat in the Z4, my legs were kind of crooked. (I'm 6'1")

I've always loved the SLK, but it wasn't till this weekend until I SAT in one, and I didn't get to test drive one until today, and well, it was love at first drive.

So smooth, so quiet, so beautiful. The funny thing is, I HATE red cars. And somehow I just fell in love with the SLK in red, so much that I actively sought out a red one and immediately put a down payment.

The only thing that seems to be missing is the wind screen, because the car has every option except for navigation. But I'm so in love with my new baby!!! I can't wait to take her home!!!

Interior is so clean, the Airscarf is AMAZING, the heated seats rock, the air conditioner is ice cold, the car is quiet, handles like a dream.

Definitely an upgrade from my ol' Miata ;)

I'll keep you all posted! :rockon: :tu: :biglaugh: :rb

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,113 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Born and raised in the Bronx!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Born and raised in the Bronx!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator
So then you must know how worried I am to have my baby out on these roads, but I couldn't resist. It truly was love at first sight. I'll baby her best I can in this cruel, rough world. And I know this forum has so many wonderful resources to help along the way :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I upgraded from a Miata too!

Greetings from Stony Brook, Long Island. I just bought an 01 SLK 320 V6 6 speed that I upgraded to from a Miata. Can't believe I waited this long. I liked my Miata, but I LOVE my SLK!

Welcome!

·
94,113 Posts
I do know and personally I would not have such a fine car in NYC. Potholes, salt on roads in the winter, etc. Good Luck my friend!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings from Stony Brook, Long Island. I just bought an 01 SLK 320 V6 6 speed that I upgraded to from a Miata. Can't believe I waited this long. I liked my Miata, but I LOVE my SLK!

Welcome!
Mine is an 07 with tiptronic I believe. I took it for a spin, and let me tell you, flawless.

I'm coming from a 96 Miata which basically died on me 2 weeks ago. And I LOVED my Miata, despite all it's nagging issues, but this car fixes practically every issue I ever had with my Miata. The air conditioner doesn't feel stressed (because of the 6 cyl), the interior doesn't get too hot (because of the nice leather), I don't have to worry about my roof getting slashed or my hard top getting stolen...

I've never been happier with a car purchase. And all this excitement from just a test drive!!! I can't wait to link up my bluetooth, listen to some tunes, take a top down drive along the Palisades :D

I opted for the 280 because it was a great price and the engine was more than enough for my needs. A 3.0 V6 is a great engine :)

Me too, I can't believe I waited this long.

·
94,113 Posts
pbsd, time to mod. smarttop, daytime driving lights, etc

·
94,113 Posts

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome and congratulations from southern California.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome from central Kentucky! After nearly a year of ownership, I still look for reasons to hop in the Benz and go somewhere. The other day one of my sons and I decided to go play golf. Of course, I had to drive the SLK. Where to put two sets of golf clubs? Where else - my son, the passenger, held them in his lap with the clubs sticking way above the windshield! Naturally there was another vehicle in the garage with plenty of room to house the two of us and our golfing stuff. But, NO. We made do with the SLK. I am sure we got a number of curious looks; however, I did not care - I was in my dream car with a son and on my way to have fun. The results of my golf game will go unannounced.

·
Registered
420 Posts
And a nice and warm welcome from Sunny (is it? I can't tell locked up in this office) SoCal!

Make yourself at home.. take your shoes off.. stay a while!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts