Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My name is Richard Prann from San Juan, Puerto Rico. I own from new a 1998 SLK 230 Sunburst Yellow. Awesome car. Has just over 100K miles. Was my daily driver until 2 years ago. Only had 2 mayor problems with it. Dash and center console peeled like a banana. Replaced it all. (Didn't know about the German paint until recently). Also, hydraulic bottles for the roof failed. Changed them all including the pump. Works great now. After two years running it every couple of weeks around the block, car has started misfiring. I suppose two year old gas would do that. Very little fuel left in the tank. Filled it up with 93 oct, used Techron, changed the fuel filter (seems to go backwards of what I expected but installed is as the original one was), changed the plugs and cleaned the MAF. Car runs much better now but still misfires. Can't accelerate fast. Computer shows P301, P302 and P0170 codes. Changed the coil on cylinder 1 & 2 (same coil). Any ideas? Thinking maybe I should replace the MAF and the injectors.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Hi Richard, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us and posting an intro! :)

I can't help with the misfiring issue, but I'm sure somebody who can help will be along shortly...

Don’t forget to lube those seals:
Mods you should think about doing to your SLK:
Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
  • Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).
    FREE!! How to get a free data card!
  • If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
  • If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
  • Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone/iPad pics, you can only attach 1 pic per post this way as iOS names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
  • Want to 'like' or 'thank' someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
  • New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
  • Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
  • Finally, the Picture of the Day section is guaranteed to have something to make you smile each weekday morning!
Thank you
Dave

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,898 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,084 Posts
Welcome from Wirral, England.

There's a R170 diy link in my signature below.

Have you looked up all of those codes?

It's best to keep requests for support separate from introductions.
Not everyone checks out the newbies threads.

Site search works well. Start your search with 'SLKWorld.com'
to get forum specific answers.

For instance:
'SLKWorld.com R170 misfire' gets you the following:
SLKWorld is a premiere Mercedes-Benz owner website offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz SLK R171, R172 and R170 Model Cars including ///AMG information and SLK Repairs anywhere in the world - Search Results for SLKWorld.com R17

Good luck solving the problem.
The 230 is a lovely car when running correctly.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,427 Posts
Welcome from Canada Richard :grin:

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,467 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts