DaveHi Kev, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us!
If you're interested in meeting other SLK owners, we have quite an active UK calendar of events, here:
and there's even a midweek lunch in Cheshire on Wednesday of this week, if you're able to make weekday meets:
Some great R171 info, including Owner’s/Maintenance/COMAND manuals, etc.:
Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
- SmartTop: http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html
- Shorty antenna
- LED license plate bulbs and parking lights
- Chrome indicator bulbs (still flash orange, but removes the ‘fried egg’ look from your headlight housings)
- OEM windscreen or Lighted/etched windscreen
- Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).
FREE!! How to get a free data card!
- If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
- If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
- Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone/iPad pics, you can only attach 1 pic per post this way as iOS names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
- Want to 'like' or 'thank' someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
- New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
- Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum