Thanks for letting me join your forum. I don't currently own an SLK, but am actively looking for just the right one. Probably 2007-2010. Looking forward to learning a lot here and becoming much more informed before making the plunge.
Hi and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us!
First please update your location and vehicle (put something like "Looking for 2007-2010") in your profile if you haven’t already done so, as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
Follow this to update: ‘User CP’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.
Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
• Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car). FREE!! How to get a free data card!
• If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
• If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
• Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as iPhone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
• Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
• New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
• Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!
First please update your location and vehicle (Put looking!)(year?: 1996-2016, model?: 32, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300,320,350,55) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t. This takes about 30 seconds to do.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator
Welcome from Hilsboro, Oregon, and good luck with your search. I heartily endorse a manual-transmission car, as they are more fun to drive. As you look at cars which are lobbying you for a home in your garage, come back and ask about the various features & options. Bring the VIN and Jeff will get you a datacard so that you know how it left the factory. Owner's manuals can be found online (I'm sure someone will chime in with a link that I'm too inept to post). With manual & datacard you can check the car for proper function of the various features.