Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening all

New member here!

Not taken delivery of the car yet, hopefully this week, all being well!, can't wait or contain myself now!, but trying to be sensible!, he he

Anyhoo, just thought I would say Hi!

Couple of things....

1) are there any members on here in the Newcastle, North East, Tyne & Wear, Northumberland area?

2) has anyone used, got, or had fitted in the North East area the Smartop unit?, i love the sound of it but what do the MB dealerships think of it, im guessing they dont like it when you cant turn it off and make it invissible and is there anyone up here that can fit one?

regards

SPW

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from just down the road near Darlington. I've fitted three SmartTop modules now, and they all still work!! They can be disabled using the steering wheel buttons, so the dealer won't see them. There is quite an active NE group - check out the UK section of the forum for details of our past and forthcoming 'Sheep Chases'.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okI will take a look and cheers for the reply!

So have you fitted the smartop unit for other people?, how long does it take and do you charge?, it scares me taking the car apart!

·
17,375 Posts
okI will take a look and cheers for the reply!

So have you fitted the smartop unit for other people?, how long does it take and do you charge?, it scares me taking the car apart!
It's not that scary, and so far, I haven't had many bits left over :biglaugh:

As for charges, a donation to the forum funds will be sufficient.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the welcome guys!, cant wait to get the car!

Maybe i could get you to fit a smartop to mine then if you could?, i would love the idea of being able to operate the roof from the key!

·
17,375 Posts
Maybe i could get you to fit a smartop to mine then if you could?, i would love the idea of being able to operate the roof from the key!
Not a problem - it's one of the best mods you can do to your car.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for that!, appreciated.......

Cant wait to get mine!, hopefully this week all being well, can hardly contain myself now!, keep getting the book out just to look at the pics!............. sad eh!

whats the best price and place to get the mod?, sounds like a fantastic bit of kit

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,496 Posts
spw,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome from NW Blighty.... :)

You'll enjoy your SLK and the sheep hunts are great fun and a very nice way to meet fellow forum members. Unfortunately we've only so been able to go on two runs, but have thoroughly enjoyed them both. The members are every bit as pleasant in person as they are on t'internet.. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers everyone!, cant wait for the car to come now!, i think i have managed to contin myself very well since i signed the order!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts