Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Debbie and I am a proud owner of a new 2011 MB SLK 300. This is the very first Benz I've ever owned and I am extremely excited and I love my new car. Only pictures I have of it at the moment is the ones my salesman emailed to me before I bought it.

Only thing I am disappointed in at the moment is on the third day I had it I noticed it had a crack in the windshield so I had to drive it back to the dealership which is a hour and a half drive for me for them to look at. It is a stress crack so they ordered me a new windshield and will call me when it come in:( Oh well I guess it could be worse!!

Anyway I am looking forward to getting to know some new friends with a great car in common.

Debbie

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London via Houston, TX, where we are having a wonderfully top down week!

Sorry to hear about your cracked windscreen - I think that's the first stress crack in a R171 I've ever heard of. Dealer should have no problems replacing it, and the fact that he's ordering one means you will be getting a proper MB original screen!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Debbie. Sorry to hear about the cracked windshield. It should be sorted by the dealer and soon you'll forget the inconvenience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello everyone and thanks for the warm welcoming!! Got sick soon after my wonderful purchase but on the up swing again!! Got my windshield replaced!! YAY!! I LOVE my new SLK!! Hoping to get my personalized tag soon, wondering out of the six choices if there was a choice available.
Leaving to tomorrow to take it on a two day scenic trip hopefully the leaves will be changing! The weather is suppose to be in the mid 80's!! PERFECT weather to have the top down...I love the windscreen actually I love everything about my new car!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts