Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new member shopping for an SLK55. My question is....Is there a year that is better in features than others? I was told that the 2009 SLK has a quicker shifting Trans? I was more looking at the 2007 for price reasons but I may up my price range to get a newer year if there is advantages. Could someone mention the difference between a 2007 and 2009 year SLK55?

Thank you for your time,

Paul Gionet
New Brunswick, Canada

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome.

As mentioned above, unless you have the AMG performance package P30, then the brakes on 2008 and later were smaller. 2007 is a good year for the SLK55.

The 2009 may have the updated COMAND (NGT 2.5) and may have the multimedia interface (if so optioned).

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)If I was actively looking now and didn't want new (R172), I'd go with a 2009 and up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome from jecjr northern ca

It does not really matter, an SLK55 IS A GREAT CAR, NO MATTER THE YEAR....JECJR:rockon:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,226 Posts
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan......

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London via Louisiana! Personally, I'd either be looking for an 09/10 with the 030 package, or a 05-07 without - mainly due to the downgrade of the brakes.

The COMAND 2.5 is a *very* nice upgrade for MY09+, but I'd honestly think it would be cheaper to retrofit COMAND than to retrofit the brakes...

Shifting wise, there was no hardware change as far as I'm aware in the 7g, there is updated software than can be loaded on any of the AMG TCU's that among other things can reduce shift time. Having driven a MY10 back to back with my '05, I can tell you there's not a load of "seat of the pants" difference at all w/regard to shifting, and there *is* a noticeable difference in stopping power.

My choice was to go with an awesomely maintained, loaded '05, that was *exactly* what I would have ordered. If you can afford to get an '09 that has the 030 package, and can find one with the options and color you want, go for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts