Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am a new dues paying member and my Slk will not be here until next week. It is a Slk 350 2006 with just over 20,000 miles.

Capri Blue with black interior.

I do want to get some advise on buying a Slk55 that has had two owners, a 2006 with 82,000 miles on it. They want 22,000. I am concerned about the high mileage. Does anyone have an opinion about these engines and higher miles or I am I just being to cautious....The auto appears to be in great condition. I saw it on E-bay and it is in Texas.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this group, I am looking forward to showing you my photos....

Jecjr:rockon:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,517 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,517 Posts
high mileage you say? i have an 09 slk 55 with 48000 miles. bought it new. fun to drive? hell yes! so don't put too much emphasis on the mileage

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

Thank you for your input. I am trying to decide which way to go, to bad I can not buy both......

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome.

Not too concerned about the mileage as long as it has been well taken cared of. I would recommend a thorough independent evaluation/inspection by MB before buying.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
If manual transmission isn't a requirement for you, then get the SLK55, better looks inside and out, plus you can't argue with power. Pay the $200 for whatever they charged now for the PPI from a MB dealer and you should be fine. Good luck.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
I am a new dues paying member and my Slk will not be here until next week. It is a Slk 350 2006 with just over 20,000 miles.
Capri Blue with black interior.

I do want to get some advise on buying a Slk55 that has had two owners, a 2006 with 82,000 miles on it. They want 22,000.
:)THANKS for the forum support. Depends on price and options. 2006 SLK 350 20,000 miles (+PLUS), color (+PLUS), price and what options? SLK 55 with 82,000, not high for most 2006 cars, but high for a SLK 55. Still, plenty of life left. Again, depends on color and options. Can't argue with the price.

high mileage you say? i have an 09 slk 55 with 48000 miles. bought it new.
:tu:WOW, cost per mile, v-e-r-y low.

If manual transmission isn't a requirement for you, then get the SLK55, better looks inside and out, plus you can't argue with power. Pay the $200 for whatever they charged now for the PPI from a MB dealer and you should be fine. Good luck.
:tu:Solid advice.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,071 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts. Come join us for a roadtrip.4/30/2011.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts