Mercedes SLK World banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
I'm with the others on this, it is likely a Wheel Speed issue, but it should go on SDS (MB Machine) to diagnose properly, then spend money on parts that you actually do need, rather than guessing and swapping stuff, which we call "parts darts", that seldom ends well / economically ;)

HTH, Cheers Dave

Reactions: jbanks15
I’ve had it scanned but it throws up loads of different faults
Yes I read that, but had it scanned by what machine / whom ?
And what was the Results / Diagnosis ?

Anything else is pure speculation and guesswork, which usually results in buying un necessary parts and throwing them at the problem, (I call that "Parts Darts") which seldom ends well as the fix for multiple faults at the same time is usually something simple like a bad connection / fuse etc.

HTH,

Reading back if there is no comms between ECU and ABS / ESP it will likely be a K40 Relay issue, just change it for a new one, but confirm first with SDS, K40's aren't cheap enough to swap on a guess and my hunch.

You could try re flowing the Solder Joints on the K40 PCB, but need someone who knows all about these Cars and that particular issue.

Good luck with it ;)

Hi Gary, Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.