Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello There,

Raf here, 1999 SLK230-Silver, 138K or so... just did a head gasket replacement along with #4 Exhaust Valve replacement (bent while testing due to being off on Timing).

New issue SRS light - while fixing/texting the turn-signal, re-connected battery, but forgot to connect Air Bag, consequently, SRS Light has been on since then.... got the Autel Scanner MAX, but it does not connect to the Control Module... Tried updating the software, still did not connect.... I am thinking the Control Module is bad.... Any ideas/ suggestion greatly welcome - Thanks!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,326 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,031 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
Welcome from Madrid...

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that scanner, are you sure it's capable of erasing SRS faults on the r170 ?

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,405 Posts
Hi Raf, and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SRS Scanner

Welcome from Madrid...

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that scanner, are you sure it's capable of erasing SRS faults on the r170 ?
yes, I think so, it is the Autel MaxiCheck Airbag/ABS Scanner and its Vehicle Coverage is:

GM, CHRYSLER, FORD, AUDI, ABARTH, ALFA, BENZ, BMW, BENTLEY, BUGATTI, CITROEN, DACIA, EU FORD, FIAT, JAGUAR, LANDROVER, LANCIA, MINI, MAYBACH, OPEL, PEUGEOT, PORSCHE, RENAULT, SAAB, SMART, SEAT, SKODA, SPRINTER, VW, VAUXHALL, VOLVO, AU FORD, HOLDEN, ACURA, DAEWOO, HONDA, HYUNDAI, ISUZU, INFINITI, KIA, LEXUS, MAZDA, MITSUBISHI, NISSAN, SCION, SUBARU, SUZUKI, TOYOTA
and the SRS/ABS Module does try to connect to the ABS/SRS Control Module, but it can't establish COMMs... I thing my CM is bad... No surprises here... Thanks...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts