Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to this forum but not new to forums.

I've had my 2003 320 SLK since July and have been really pleased with it. It is silver, automatic and has the AMG factory fitted body kit and wheels. (same body as SLK 32 but with AMG 5-spoke wheels).

It's done 87,000 miles, full service history and I've just got MBS Mercedes in Southampton to change the oil, filters, brake fluid and gearbox oil. I can't recommend them highly enough.

She now runs on 4 x Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres and seems to handle quite sweetly, although she does seem to pitch under braking and acceleration a little.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you want any advice / opinion, happy to share!

Best regards

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,227 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator 2006 SLK 280
11,282 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com from Northern California
:burnout::Beer:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,227 Posts
Don't forget your free gift! :D

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,202 Posts
Welcome from Canada :grin:

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,357 Posts
Hi, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
Hi and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us and posting an intro! :)

We have quite a few members in the UK that like to meet up from time to time, although things are a little quieter during the winter months. If you're interested in joining us sometime, just keep an eye on the UK Region section, as we post meeting plans there! :tu:

There are summary posts that I maintain for all UK meets (2016 here & 2017 here). Links to examples and pictures from 2016's past meets are available here.

Finally, we also recently started plotting where our UK members are - check out the thread for that here: SLKWorld UK & Ireland Members and Meeting Points Map

Thank you
Dave

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,192 Posts
Thanks all,

I had the roof down this morning - pretty keen as it was only 4 degrees..... (39 degrees in US money)
Winter top-down is great! :grin:

We got our 320 last November and we've used it on numerous occasions in the winter. Our record is 3.5 degrees - but you don't care. Beanie, scarf and coat and you're fine. There's so much spare heat from that V6 and such a small cab. >:D

Welcome to the forum, by the way, from Surrey!

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,250 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome from a frosty Hedge End! I often go to Hamble, so if I see yer I'll flash yer from my 'at the moment' blue Merc!

Mobi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts