Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, thought I'd post a quick intro.
My names Adam and I'm from the cider drinking, rural southwest of England.
I've just bought a SLK 230 Kompressor r170 2002 and with it realised a dream from when I was 17 to own this car from seeing unveiled to U.K. at motorshow.
Admittedly it's a bit of a project that needs work, but I'm looking to restore and return to her former glory.
I'm keen to learn from the experts on here and from what I fix on my car I'll contribute where I can to help others.
Thanks very much in advance and I look forward to being involved in what looks like a great MB SLK community.
Kind regards Adam

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,149 Posts
Hi Adam, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

One of our mods will be along shortly to officially welcome you but in the mean time ......

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,247 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

On behalf of the Sarge.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,247 Posts
Hi Adam, Thanks for joining us.

Welcome from the Wirral.

Had a 230, loved it.
That's why you'll find a handy R170 diy link in my signature below.

Fancy meeting fellow SLKers?
The first ever SW meet is 5th March, Cotswold Airfield.
There'll be other Newbies there I think. Details in the link below:
http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/397002-south-west-breakfast-meets-first-date-now-sunday-5th-march-2017-a.html

UK has many meets, short breaks and drives.
http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/387794-2017-uk-meet-calendar.html
The calendar is starting to build. By March there'll be plenty of opportunity to get out and about.

The reasons we ask for your to update the usercp vehicle/location details:
When you ask for help in the future you won't have to keep repeating the same thing over and over.
Also, you will be more likely to get UK answers. Different markets have the occasional differences in models.

Check out the RoTM. You can vote for this months cars.
After 1st Feb you can enter your own car for free.
170's win (you already know why) but so do Newbies.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,405 Posts
Hi Adam, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us and posting an intro! :)

We have quite a few members in the UK that like to meet up from time to time, although things tend to be a little quieter during the winter months. If you're interested in joining us sometime, just keep an eye on the UK Region section, as we post meeting plans there! :tu:

There is a summary post that I maintain for our UK meets ( here ). Links to examples and pictures from last year's meets are available here. We're a friendly group, and always happy to welcome new members at any of our meets.

Finally, we also recently started plotting where our UK members are - check out the thread for that here: SLKWorld UK & Ireland Members and Meeting Points Map

Thank you
Dave

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,453 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,917 Posts
Hi Adam, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Good to have you on board. Congratulations on your new ride. You have certainly come to the right place for knowledge. Enjoy the people, the forum, and top down cruisin'.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,865 Posts
Welcome from Canada Adam :grin:

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,052 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 2005 SLK350
196 Posts
Hi Adam, welcome from Bristol. Great to have another member in the Southwest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
All new members, after signing up, I struggled to find my profile in order to update vehicle info etc while in mobile view. Unless I am crazy, it can only be done from original view or from a computer browser. I hope this saves you time.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,453 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts