Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks. I am a few hours away from purchasing a 2006 SLK 280, and I know it will be under warrantee for another year but am curious if anyone has insight into where the best place would be to purchase a warrantee extension? There are so many companies offering it, and I've heard getting it directly from M.B. is the best idea...just looking for some advice...

Thanks,

Will

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,914 Posts
Welcome from Oregon, and to the forum. Hopefully someone will be along soon with some expertise in the area of extended warrantees.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Hi and welcome. Plenty of information here regarding pros and cons on extended warranties. You have plenty of time to decide, prior to the date your factory warranty expires. Do a search here and read up, and then decide. I went with the MB extended limited warranty.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta and -1- is correct and you can verify but you should have until the time your factory warranty expires to decide. I would recommend going with the factory MB extended warranty vs. the other options. Word of advice is to follow up after you contract to ensure the dealer processed the warranty. I opted for an extended warranty on a vehicle that I had (not MB) and a year later discovered the dealer had not processed the contract with the manufacturer. It probably doesn't happen often but I would be sure to double check your dealer on it if you decide to move forward.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,421 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome.... :)

Have you tried searching for extended warranty info?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response. So if this SLK has 38,000 miles on it or four years for the warrantee, I figure I have about 10,000 or until March of 2010 to purchase an extended warrantee, yes? When you do this, and get it directly from M.B., is there a particular site you are aware of that is the most effective mechanism to purchase the correct M.B. warrantee, etc?

Again, your response is greatly appreciated.

Will

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Will. If you know someone at the local MB dealer, this is prolly the easiest way to go. I talked this over with the finance manager at my local MB and he was going to give me "employee" rates.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Thanks for the response. So if this SLK has 38,000 miles on it or four years for the warrantee, I figure I have about 10,000 or until March of 2010 to purchase an extended warrantee, yes? When you do this, and get it directly from M.B., is there a particular site you are aware of that is the most effective mechanism to purchase the correct M.B. warrantee, etc?

Again, your response is greatly appreciated.

Will
Hi Will. Is the service date of your car March 2006? You have 4 years from that date or 50k miles whichever comes first. All MB extended warranties are purchased through a dealership. Your other option is to purchase an extended warranty though a 3rd party company and in that case there are many available that can be purchased online.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.