Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
My name is Mike. I am looking to get a new SLK/SLC in 2016 and am interested in information about these beautiful cars. I know the maintenance is very expensive and that would be the only thing keeping me from buying one.
:smile:

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,245 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered Still SLK-less. Maybe one day ...
607 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. As an SLK/SLC wannabe I'll be interested to hear the feedback you get on maintenance costs.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
13,748 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Hi and welcome to SLK World.

I think maintenance being "really expensive" is all relative. I had a 3.5 V6 4 wheel drive Honda Legend prior to the SLK and the service and parts costs were greater than those for the SLK. Likewise, my Mitsubishi GTO was more expensive to service. I hope that maintenance costs do not put you of buying what is a fantastic car, whichever model you choose.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,977 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome from the North of Scotland. :smile:
I don't consider the maintenance costs to be that high on my 55. Services, when due, tyres, brake discs and pads. I've averaged 27 mpg over the 50k+ miles I've done in Mabel, although I don't do a lot of city driving she is my daily drive.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Mike, welcome to the forum.
I find that the maintenance costs are not significantly different from other manufacturers of the same tier/class of cars.
That being said, the 10k "A" service was about $250. The 20k "B" service was about $560. These were done at Mercedes Benz of San Diego.
I've got a great service advisor there if you interested.

One other thought, if you're going to purchase new, have you thought about doing a European Delivery? It's a great experience!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,535 Posts
Hi Mike, and welcome from the UK Midlands... Good luck with your search! :)

·
Premium Member 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
15,230 Posts
Welcome from central Florida!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New to forum

Thanks so much for the info! I only plan on putting about 3000 miles a year on the car. It is going to be a weekend car, so I was hoping the yearly costs would not be that much.
I do plan on buying from Mercedes of San Diego, so I would love to get the name of your service advisor! I LOVE your color choice and hope they still make a nice blue for the 2016 model, which is the one I am looking to get.
Sorry all. This reply was for PWSLK. I clicked the "Reply" button instead of the Quote button. Still learning... :laugh:

·
1,296 Posts
Let me (us on the forum) know if there's any other questions you have. Btw, MBZ San Diego was a participating dealer with Costco auto buying program.

·
1,454 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome from Washington, DC.

Maintenance and repair costs were a concern for me too but I ended up with included maintenance and an extended warranty for what I believe a reasonable cost. The peace of mind was well worth it. I figure when the maintenance and warranty period end is near I will just have to get another....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.