Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I recently bought a SLK350, and loving it so far. I'll probably have a few questions, so bear with me. I took a few pics, but it was still pretty dirty (especially under the hood), but she cleaned up nicely.

Here's a link to some pics:
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/tigerdude77/2006 SLK 350 Mercedes/

She only had ~20K miles on her, so she seems pretty darn new to me.

My first Mercedes, so I gotta get used to the gas tank and windshield wipers being on the wrong side. :) Just kiddin'.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from California. Congratulations. Please wait for instructions from JBanks.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta! Check with our sponsor DetailersDomain for your detailing supplies. They are offering a 10% discount with code SLK on products.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,487 Posts
here i is!!! don't forget eddy, i in vegas saturday so u and normski are deputized!

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts
Aloha from Hawaii
your car looks great, I would recommend vacuuming the engine bay then going over it with a damp cloth rather than washing it.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats! Are those AMG gauges? Or the newer ones with thicker needles?

These are mine from my 2006 SLK350:
I would never have noticed the difference. Very observant. I do have the AMG package (but I thought that was just the wheels and suspension), and the premium package. The gauges do appear to be slightly different, but extremely similar. Bottom line - I still do not know the answer to your question. :confused: Sorry.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I would never have noticed the difference. Very observant. I do have the AMG package (but I thought that was just the wheels and suspension), and the premium package. The gauges do appear to be slightly different, but extremely similar. Bottom line - I still do not know the answer to your question. :confused: Sorry.
The AMG package does not change the gauges in the 2006, I looked up the brochure. Someone put the newer 2008 model gauges in your car.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Another welcome from Atlanta.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I'm hoping you did a Carfax check on the car. If so, and the mileage is correct, chances are it was MB who replaced the cluster...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.