Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we recently sold a 1997 BMW 328iC convertible and 1999 Benz E300 diesel, the buyer of the diesel appeared in lovely white 05 280 SLK with a stick shift. My better half immediately said 'I want one of those!' instead of updating to an 04-06 E46 bmw convertible. So now I'm reading here and looking at SLK. Great website!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,496 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

We have many Atlanta members!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member #12/Moderator

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi and welcome from Lichfield in England. Does RxDiesel mean you prescribe yourself a diesel or you deal with other types of prescriptions perhaps? :)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
SLKs are great...and much better than the equivilent BMW in my opinion. For example you can actually put suitcases in the trunk with the top down!

I highly recommend the 350 motor and the 7 speed auto box is great; and the 171 body style rocks!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan... Good luck on your search!!!

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,477 Posts
Rx Diesel welcome from Phoenix. I must say your better half got excellent taste.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With a diesel truck and benz, I have a fever, and the only prescription isn't 'more cowbells! Its gazoil! If only we could get Euro spec diesels with stick shifts in the US of A. sigh ..... That said, the post-nose job R171 SLKs are handsome cars. I favored a bimmer E46 for the rear seat and trunk, but an SLK with a stick should do the trick. I was surprised at the amount of useable space in the trunk with the top dropped. My wife's response, on seeing the SLK, was like a famous Hollywood story. In the 1930s, Marlene Dietrich came into a studio commissary with one of the head honchos; she saw John Wayne [in cowboy costume, off the set] eating lunch and immediately said to the studio honcho "daddy, I want one of those!" The story is honored in a scene in the more recent "Tombstone," where Dana Delaney's character says the same about Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp. But I digress ....

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Welcome from southern Illinois where we use a whole lot of red AG diesel. If the motor fuel taxman finds it in your car....."your in big trouble boy!"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts