Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a silver 2015 SLK 250 being delivered on Friday!
Coming from a long line of roadsters and am really looking forward to this one.
Past roadsters were: Old Datsun 2000, 2008 Boxster S, 2010 Audi TTR, and 2012 MX5 Sport.
Looking forward to learning more about the SLK on this forum,

Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,405 Posts
Hi and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us and posting an intro! :)

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
  • Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).
    FREE!! How to get a free data card!
  • If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
  • If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
  • Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone/iPad pics, you can only attach 1 pic per post this way as iOS names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
  • Want to 'like' or 'thank' someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
  • New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
  • Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
  • Finally, the Picture of the Day section is guaranteed to have something to make you smile each weekday morning!
Thank you
Dave

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,459 Posts
location location location as they say

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,251 Posts
Welcome from Wirral, England.

We have a free to enter monthly competition.
Entry is open from the 1st to the 15th of every month. You simply post a reply with 3 photos.
After the 15th we usually open a poll for members to vote on their favourite.
Here's the main thread:
ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

This month's entries:
http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/412769-february-2017-slkworld-com-ride-month-competition.html

Congratulations on your new ride. RoTM is the perfect way to share. R172s and newbies have won before.

Regional threads for your state. Meets, local info:
U.S. Southeast Region - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,052 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

So strangest thing happened, the 2015 silver SKL 250 turned into a 2009 black SKL 300 overnight.

When the silver one showed up it had more wear and misuse than I was led to believe so I had to pass on it.

Saw the black one at the dealership the next day, 1 owner and 20k miles....and here I am.

The last 3 days have been a blast; top down driving in the day and detailing at night.

Almost like having to learn to drive again coming from an MX5 that was very fun but slow and wallowly in the corners to more power and flat in the turns. Feels like I'm driving my previous Boxster S. Taking a backroad corner at a speed that would make me the MX5 lean like a dingy in high seas and the SLK doesn't feel like it's being challenged.

Very happy and am looking forward to owning, driving and learning about this great vehicle.

This forum is outstanding!

Thanks again,

Mike

(FYI - Verdingo is a name I invented at the Italian border after being pulled over by the Guardia, but that's a very funny story for another time)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

So strangest thing happened, the 2015 silver SKL 250 turned into a 2009 black SKL 300 overnight.

When the silver one showed up it had more wear and misuse than I was led to believe so I had to pass on it.

Saw the black one at the dealership the next day, 1 owner and 20k miles....and here I am.

The last 3 days have been a blast; top down driving in the day and detailing at night.

Almost like having to learn to drive again coming from an MX5 that was very fun but slow and wallowly in the corners to more power and flat in the turns. Feels like I'm driving my previous Boxster S. Taking a backroad corner at a speed that would make me the MX5 lean like a dingy in high seas and the SLK doesn't feel like it's being challenged.

Very happy and am looking forward to owning, driving and learning about this great vehicle.

This forum is outstanding!

Thanks again,

Mike

(FYI - Verdingo is a name I invented at the Italian border after being pulled over by the Guardia, but that's a very funny story for another time)
Hey Verdingo!
First of all welcome to the forum.
Im new here myself & so amazed at all the warm welcomes and just SO MUCH INFORMATION provided.

I am in need of your expertise and experience & hoping you can help me out.
The reason behind this is because you have owned and driven exactly what I am debating between at the very moment.
Could you please spend 10-15min of your time & go through my post here (http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/423002-student-need-all-info.html) & try and give me some information from your past experience and Curren experience?
It's just 2 pages long at the moment.
Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,870 Posts
Welcome Mike, from Canada :grin:

Nice selection of cars that led you to an SLK :smile: .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts