Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I’m new to your forum. A little about me, I have a 2006 SLK55 AMG in Mars Red. I’ve had since new. Actually, I leased the car originally but when the lease term came to its end, I decided to buy the car out. The lease was paid for by our company, so the buy out option wasn’t bad at all. I enjoyed this car so much I couldn’t part with it.
Here in the San Francisco Bay Area it has to be the Mercedes Benz capital of the world it seems, well maybe next to Los Angeles. I’ve seen several other SLK55s but never a red one like mine. I’ve seen red SLKs but not a another SLK55 in red.
The car this replaced was a 2001 Black SLK320 Sport, and the one before was a 1993 Black 300CE.
Other cars in the house hold. We have a 2010 ML450 Hybrid, yes a Hybrid(!) which replaced the 2005 Porsche Cayenne, and my 1965 Shelby GT350 undergoing restoration since 2005. It will be on the road by spring of 2011 to alternate occasionally with my SLK55 on a nice day. I’ll post pictures soon.

Howdy!

Cheers,
~Earl J.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
Welcome!

I started on a lease too and couldn't let go!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,308 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate’ or Help Donate’. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Great taste in cars my friend! Welcome!
Enjoyed driving through Berkeley on the way to Mare Island Navy Station when I was serving on exchange at NAS Moffett Field in the late 80's/early 90's. Still love the Bay Area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the warm welcome! According to the requirements I need a total of 5 posts before I can post photos here. I have a number of tuning qustions and accessories questions as well, not to say my 55 isn't well appointed. My 55 is a driver. I don't baby it, but I don't beat it up either. It's driven with alot of "con brio" (sp?).

Cheers,
~Earl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the offer. Southern Cal is nice, but I'm a born a raised Norcal guy at heart.

Cheers
~Earl

·
Registered
843 Posts
Welcome from another Socal'er. Can't wait to see the pics of your SLK55 and your 65 Shelby :tu:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts