Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.My name is Karen and I live in the greater Miami area. I owned a 2005 SL500 for 10 years and had planned to purchase a Corvette, but decided to take another look at the SLK. I thought I would just go with the Mercedes name and keep my purchase price down, but when my husband said get what I want - well we saw this AMG SLK55 all sleek and black and chrome and when that engine turned on and we heard that motor, we fell in love. It was one of those spur of the moment decisions that has definitely paid off. I didn't want the larger Mercedes since I felt it would feel like driving my old car all over again. Some people seem to think the SLK's are for those who can't afford the SL model. This was not the case at all for me. I wanted the sports car experience and I certainly got even more than I had ever dreamed. Did I say yet that I LOVE THIS CAR?

The electronics alone make the car a whole new experience for me. I did update my old radio with a bluetooth model but that was far from the technology that the AMG has. Now I feel guilty because I have this paddle shifter that I have no idea how to use. Is it worth going to the AMG Academy?

My only complaint is that there is not more chrome accents. I think the hood air intake vents are very unattractive on the black car. They look like tarnished metal but I am sure they are probably plastic. I have ordered chrome fins and am waiting for them to arrive.

I look forward to participating in the forum and to see if there are fellow AMG owners in the Miami area. I have lots of experience with the idiosyncasies of the SL500. Many times I found out more on these forums than my mechanics could figure out. So I hope I can help others and share my experiences.:x

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Hi Karen, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
• Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).
FREE!! How to get a free data card!
• If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
• If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
• Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as iPhone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
• Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
• New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
• Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Dave

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,847 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

I think you might find at least 1 FloriSLKda member on SLKWORLD. Lol

·
Registered
579 Posts
Is it worth going to the AMG Academy?
Absolutely! Unfortunately, they aren't using the SLK55 for autocross at ADA any more, but you'll be able to check out the SL63 for comparison with your SLK.

...think you'll be very happy with your decision.

Greetings and welcome, and to echo Jeff, come to our picnic!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome

So nice to already hear from you. Wish I could make that picnic but will be in North Carolina that week. I know that area well since I grew up in Tampa. I look forward to getting to know you all.

If anyone knows where to get accessories like seat protectors or floor mats, preferably with
SLK or AMG logo please keep me posted. I got a lot of wear on the upper left driver side leather
seat of my SL that eventually ripped and cracked and would like to prevent that happening on my new baby. Thank you again.

Karen

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi all. Haven't checked in for a while. Just got back from a trip to the southern Caribbean. I live in Miami and am used to the ocean but the islands like Antigua and St. Lucia are totally amazing. Way different than Florida. Beautiful mountains and gorgeous scenery in general.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,342 Posts
Hi Karen, welcome from Canada ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I confused everyone. I had wanted to post a photo of the day.

Thank you all for the welcomes but not new here anymore. I had wanted to post in the photo of the day thread. Could not figure how to upload so it went with a message but no photo! Just wanted to let you all know why I had not posted for a while. Hope you can see how beautiful these islands are. This is Antigua. If you ever go to the Caribbean try to get down to the Leeward Islands. So different there. Thank you again for the kind remarks.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts