Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2nd Intro --
I just sold my SLK350 and bought a '10 SLK300 -- the ride was way too harsh on the 350 (it had the sport suspension.) Moved the SmartTop to the new car -- worked like a charm and fixed the new window programming so that they go up at the end of the top-up cycle.
--SS

Hi --

I always wanted an SLK -- small, quiet with the top up, but a full roaster (not Targa.) My first car was a Fiat X1/9 and I always loved the "quickness" I felt driving a small roadster. That car was totaled in 1982 (not my fault.) Fast forward 20 years:
My first Mercedes was a C230K which was great -- lots of room with the seats down, panoramic moon roof, plenty (a relative term) of power -- lots of fun. I was shopping for a used SLK, but they were out of my price range (~$20K) -- looked at the S-2000 (was I not supposed to say that?) but even used they were $30k and only the newest had a glass rear window. A couple of years ago I looked into the SLKs again (I saw an ?01 for $20K) -- problem was that the electronics in my 03 C230k were a generation ahead of the 01 and I didn't want to go backwards. I drooled over the new 300/350 SLK styling.

Bottom line -- I bought a certified '06 SLK350 w/16Kmi on it:
White
Sport Package -- AMG wheels, suspension, skirts
Air Scarf -- a must have, but wish it blew unheated air in the CA Summer
Sport Seats w/heat
Nav System
I added the Smart top module -- WONDERFUL -- you need this! ! ! Read the SLK forum threads on this before attempting.
-- I love the handling, more power than anyone could ever need, gets ~ 1MPG BETTER than my C230K, etc, etc.

Regrets: Ride and seats are a bit stiff for commuting, heat/air won't stay on recirculate (commuting behind smelly cars), air scarf won't blow unheated air in the CA Summer, wish it had the dimming mirror w/homelink.

Future mods -- upgraded mirror, wind-blocker (would like OEM, but it looks "busy")

Well -- more than enough said for a newbie . . .

-- SS

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Welcome to the site from Atlanta!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome..... :)

I think the seats are fine and comfy, but each to their own of course. As for the re-circulation thing, I'm sure I've read on here that it can be programmed to stay on recirc. Try a search...

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome from AZ. You need to put those "smelly" cars in your rearview mirror:tu:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota. I like brian_74's suggestion, try that. :)

I actually prefer the OEM wind deflector, makes the others look "plain" - it's really in the eye of the beer holder.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from the south (of Los Angeles that is).

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from the south (of Los Angeles that is).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.