Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,192 Posts
It is in the diy section

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
98,192 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the forum...that cabin air filter is a pain to replace, but worth it...i found the nastiest things inside mine, good thing i changed it the first few weeks after i got the car.

·
98,192 Posts
definately a pain. you need to be a contortionist!!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
An additional suggestion...people have suggested using duct tape to help seal the box. I would suggest you try tuct tape - used to seal overlapping plastic vapour barriers. Duct tape dries out rather quickly, becomes brittle and looses its adhesion.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan via Dallas Texas.......

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Welcome from Maryland! I hope my mechanic can do it cheaper than MB as mine is due for change at next service!! Not much of a contortionist per JBanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts