Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I just bought my 1st MB, it's a 2013 SLK 250. The color is Indium Silver w/ Bengal Red interior. I'm the 2nd owner, 32 K miles, w/ MB CPO. I traded a 2014 Roush Mustang with 6500 miles on the 2013 SLK 250... go figure.. that one out.

I'm from Bonifay, FL, about 65 miles north of Panama City FL. I live out in the country on 5 acres of ground in a farming area. I have to drive on a -- 1 1/2 mile dirt road to get home. This dirt road is a real problem for nice cars and it's really (ruts, rough) bad when it rains. I just started parking near the paved road to keep the SLK 250 from getting all messed up. Now, I'm driving my older pick up from the end of the -- 1 1/2 dirt road to get home & protect the SLK 250.

Anyway, I love the SLK 250 (absolutely) and it's just the beginning of my love affair with this car. I like high tech. and this car is All about German Engineering at it's Best. I have a 2012 & 2013 Jetta TDI's & their great cars too.

I'm a retired Army (CW4) Warrant Officer. I was flying UH-60 Blackhawks as a Maint. Test Pilot when I retired. My former unit was the Task Force 160th. This is the Blackhawk Down unit that was in Somalia. I long gone (retired 2004) from the TF 160th but still keep in contact with the guys. I miss the flying and all my friends, I had 26 years in the Army when I retired. I started flying in 1970 and had one tour in Vietnam from Sep. 70/71.

I just got into sailing and bought a 1971 Islander 37 ft. motor sailer. The I-37 is a older boat but has been well kept over it's life time. I have been planning a trip to Caribbean (St Thomas) but have not made it there yet. I have a 19 year old that needs adult supervision and my Mother has dementia... so it's tough to get away.

The SLK 250 was bought for my Son (mostly) but I get to drive it and make the payments... {a little joke on me). Anyway, I'm not complaining and glad to be still on this earth at 66 YO. I have big smile on my face when I'm in the SLK 250 and it does not matter which seat I'm in... One Great Car.

I'll post some pictures in the near future.

Avery Baker

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,356 Posts
Avery, Thank you for your service!

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Come join us at our fall Florida meet Oct 11th

http://www.slkworld.com/u-s-florida/156578-florida-slk-group-fall-meet.html

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,748 Posts
Hi and welcome from Lakeland, FL! Thank you for your service.:usa:

Living in Florida and joining the forum has special perks! We have a very active and fun FLORIDA SLK GROUP and you’ll definitely want to join us.

Our next Florida SLK Group meet on October 11, 2014 will be held at the Lakeridge Winery in Clermont, Florida only 25 miles West of Orlando! To sign up for the meet, just reply HERE and we will add you to the list!

Hope to see you there!

Thanks for joining the forum and we look forward to meeting you!

Marykay
Florida Event Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,917 Posts
Hi Avery, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Good to have you on board. Thank you for your Service from an old Sr. NonComm. Enjoy the people, the forum, and top down cruisin'.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,405 Posts
Hi Avery, and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

- Dave

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Hey and welcome...lots of aviators here (I'm ex RCAF, antisubmarine warfare, 23yrs) and currently fly 767s for Air Canada. Sounds like you had a great career, and thanks. Army aviation (and you guys have some compared to up here!) sure isn't easy ... I salute you. I've watched Blackhawk Down more than a few times, as well as We Were Soldiers Once and most recently Lone Survivor. I know movies don't show it like it is...but wow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome for a wet cold Scotland.
I just picked mine up at the weekend as well all be it a lot lot older than yours.
Have fun topless.
Baz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts