Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to keep the outside and inside looking new and the "new MB car smell" inside as much as possible.

My car before this was a Toyota and I used to just throw the keys to the detailer and let them have at it, but now...that just doesn't feel right. I started noticing "swirls" on the paint (only in intense sunlight). :eek:

I went through more than a few of the threads using a keyword search but I thought maybe I would ask some of you Pro's to see what everyone recommends.

Recommended products and regimen for the exterior? *crosses fingers for something not too complicated*

Any recommendations for interior and leather cleaning? I love the way the inside smells and I want to try and preserve that but also keep it clean.

Thanks in advance! :tu:

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Check out the thread by Daytona Jae.

·
fastdawg
4,383 Posts
Jeff's got me sold on Speedshine! I'm not as fast as he is, but cars get dirtier here in Columbus, Ohio than they do in Florida! Of course, I have a white car too, so you see every thing possible on it! When my White car is clean, you know it!

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
OP, congrats on your new ride.

As far as "how to take care of it", well, that could be answered with volumes of information... There are entire forums, books, and blogs on the subject. Auto Detailing also has as many different opinions as there are people in terms of what products work best and the methods to apply them.

With all that being said, if you're interested in what I do, check out my personal website HERE. From that master "Auto Detailing" page you can get to more information on the specific products I use both inside and outside my rides with some hints and tips thrown in for many of them, the methods and specific steps in sequence I use on the inside and exterior of my ride for the wash and application of protection to the paint. You'll also find a summary of my own more recent tests I did with carnauba wax there, and the sealant I've used since the mid 90's and still am using to this day, along with the places I buy most of my detailing products and references to other sites with even more info on the subjects... Check it all out if you're so inclined. As I got tired of repeating myself and writing things down over and over, I started putting that section of my site together years ago for friends that kept asking me what I used and how I did it. It's grown to be even my own notes to myself when it comes time to reorder products or use some things I don't do very often. Again though, you're mileage may vary -- everyone has their favorite things. Some products tend to work better than others, but many will produce great results when applied or used with the proper methods. THAT, to me, it the most important thing -- how you do it. In the end, what ends up working best for you, will be the best solution.

Good luck and congrats again on that ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts