Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok finally got a new trunk luggage compartment lens/lamp for my 1999 230k kompressor but the light still wont come on anyone any ideas everything else works fine ?

Dave

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts
all fuses checked? courtesy lights fuses 27,28 on r171? i know u have a r170

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Restarting old thread.

Dave, did you find this problem?
Is it true that the boot light comes on when the dome light does, ie when the door opens?
(It may also be true that the dome light comes on when the boot light does, ie when the boot opens, which is easier to check)

Other thing to check is that the boot switch is working; set the alarm and then unlock and open the boot; if the alarm doesn't go off, then the switch is not working.
Anon

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,516 Posts
Restarting old thread.

Dave, did you find this problem?
Is it true that the boot light comes on when the dome light does, ie when the door opens?
(It may also be true that the dome light comes on when the boot light does, ie when the boot opens, which is easier to check)

Other thing to check is that the boot switch is working; set the alarm and then unlock and open the boot; if the alarm doesn't go off, then the switch is not working.
Anon
Yes, the boot light only come on when its enabled via the interior light switch.

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Hi,
It is likely that you have already looked at the fuses in the trunk right behind the carpet over the wheel arch?
Fuse is #23
:confused:
Or, like me, you may not have a fuse panel in teh boot; these numbers are in the fuse box in teh bonnet, but may not map 1-1.

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no fuses there I wondered why there was a little flap in that position. Tho I have no carpet over my wheel arches was that only a thing on upgrade or r171.

Dave

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
I have no fuses there I wondered why there was a little flap in that position. Tho I have no carpet over my wheel arches was that only a thing on upgrade or r171.

Dave
I have an access panel but no fuses.
I suspect teh fuse box was from earlier models.

My boot sides are not carpetted, either; hmm, upgrade....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.