·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Yes, the Evora seems quite good.

Just a couple things worry me. 1) Harder to get service/repairs in many places. 2) The price is quite high)

Not sure if the SC version is available in the U.S. yet, but that drives the price even higher.

Otherwise, sure seems like a great car. Just really a sports car with a bit added comfort I think though. Still, not necessarily an everyday or even every weekend car, for me at least.

I'd love to have one though.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Hey! on the recent Cali Mt Wilson run, we saw a Lotus Evora parked next to a Exige at our food stop...it's nice, but too big and heavy, and defeats the point of a pure car like the Exige...

·
Registered 2008 SLK55 AMG
92 Posts
Hey! on the recent Cali Mt Wilson run, we saw a Lotus Evora parked next to a Exige at our food stop...it's nice, but too big and heavy, and defeats the point of a pure car like the Exige...

Hey,

It's not supposed to compete with the Exige but designed to be more comfortable, bigger and heavier.

I test drove the NA version, felt slow when compared to the 55 AMG.

The supercharge version is more like it and I suspect it will be just as fast as the 55 AMG (in a straight line) and leave it for dead in the corners (lotus chassis's are awesome).

I had a Esprit V8 twin turbo for a year or so, fantastic car, very fast/balanced but fell apart.

I would rather buy a GTR for the same money than own a Lotus again. the only one I would take is a S1 Exige with the SC TypeR conversion - rapid, weekend car only.

·
Registered
352 Posts
looks like it sacrifices some trackability for comfort to appeal to a wider market. Car does look good though

Weighs in at around 3k lbs, which puts it lighter than the slk, but probably heavier than most smaller sided roadsters. It weighs in around the same as most small sedans. I'd prefer a straight 2 seater versus a 2 + 2

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Only modern Loti I've had the pleasure to ride or drive had 1] bits falling off, 2] things leaking out, 3] things leaking in, and finally, just didn't fit my frame! :)

That said, on a dry day they are a blast. I think, however, if I was going to go the "pure performance / weekend only" car, I'd be shopping for a Lotus 7.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.