Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A New Jersey father-son drag racing duo was arrested Tuesday after posting dashcam video of their high-speed crash in the Lincoln Tunnel earlier this year to social media, authorities said.

Chadwick Quinones, 25, and his 44-year-old father, Fred Ordine, were drag racing their Corvettes through the tunnel’s north tube around 10 p.m. on Feb. 9 when the accident occurred, Port Authority police said.

Dashcam video showed the black Corvette racing past a bus and other vehicles. When a yellow Corvette attempted to pass, the cars lost control and crashed into other vehicles.

Both Quinones and Ordine fled the scene before police arrived, Port Authority spokeswoman Lenis Rodrigues told the DV Pilot.

Quinones later returned that same night and told police he was involved. At the time, he was issued summonses for leaving the scene of an accident, failure to exhibit registration and careless driving, Rodrigues said.

However, police reopened the case after Quinones posted video of the race to Instagram, officials told WPIX-TV. Although he quickly deleted the video, others had reposted it online and tagged Quinones. It's unclear when exactly he originally posted the video, although the reposts were dated earlier this month.

Quinones and Ordine were charged with reckless endangerment, reckless driving and illegal speed contest, officials said.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts

A New Jersey father-son drag racing duo was arrested Tuesday after posting dashcam video of their high-speed crash in the Lincoln Tunnel earlier this year to social media, authorities said.

Chadwick Quinones, 25, and his 44-year-old father, Fred Ordine, were drag racing their Corvettes through the tunnel’s north tube around 10 p.m. on Feb. 9 when the accident occurred, Port Authority police said.

Dashcam video showed the black Corvette racing past a bus and other vehicles. When a yellow Corvette attempted to pass, the cars lost control and crashed into other vehicles.
Dashcam's are a double edged sward.....

Should really carry a spare empty memory card, just in case the worst happens... :-/

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's why I never ran recorders when I rode my bikes on the streets. Too easy to to have "evidence" laying around in case something goes wrong. LOL
But have had SO many bad car drivers around me lately while I've been driving the cars, that I'm going to put dash camshaft in all my cars.

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
And why my gps is turned off on my cam--off means no speeds are recorded :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's why I never ran recorders when I rode my bikes on the streets. Too easy to to have "evidence" laying around in case something goes wrong. LOL
But have had SO many bad car drivers around me lately while I've been driving the cars, that I'm going to put dash cams in all my cars.
Lmao
My tablet hates the new layout. Was editing "camshafts' to "dash cams" as "dash camshafts" kept making me giggle. And got a whole new post. Lmao.
But yes, no GPS either.
Too much "evidence ". Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts