Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2001 SLK230 Kompressor. Its been a great car so far, until this morning that is. i was sitting at a red light and decided to put the top down, and i did not notice the boot raising up in my rear view mirror, so i turned around and notice that the drivers side would not raise up. i pulled over and pulled the emergecy release and it promptly popped out. after i got home i did alittle digging i took a look at the latch and everything there seems to be fine that i can tell, and it looks like the other end of the cable attatches to the base of the hydrolic arm. so im not really sure what is wrong. once i pulled the emergency release cord the top goes up/down just fine, but i just cant get it to release without holding the button down and wearing out the motor..the fluid level is a bit low but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,206 Posts
forgive me for saying in your time of need, did you do a search, top right for your query?

also do a search for leapyfish. his signature block has links to r170 roof issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.