Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found a business to fabricate all new leather upholstry for the slk. Will be changing from salsa to burgundy seat inserts. Ordered a full hide in burgundy for covering the console etc. Headrests will have Mercedes star embroidered in burgundy and the stitching will be burgundy. Will post pics when complete. Drove over 100 miles today with the top down, the car is doing great, what a blast to drive. :tazz: :tazz: :tazz: :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,,,, Mama just got home from Florida and I told her my intentions. NOT ON MY CAR, GET ANOTHER ONE FOR THAT. I'm taking that as permission to buy another SLK. Is that the way we all interpret that statement?????:tu: :tu: Good. Gonna go for it...Thanks Mama...:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
go for it 412, just buy another one. try and get an r171!

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Well,,,, Mama just got home from Florida and I told her my intentions. NOT ON MY CAR, GET ANOTHER ONE FOR THAT. I'm taking that as permission to buy another SLK. Is that the way we all interpret that statement?????:tu: :tu: Good. Gonna go for it...Thanks Mama...:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:
Well, that's what I hear!!

Scott's right on the forgiveness/premission thing, but one of those leaves physical marks. :( ...ouch!

I'd be interested in same color leather replacement due to wear. I'm not looking to change colors though.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kevin, I emailed you the guy Im talkin to, he has been very helpful and has offered options.

Wish I could justify the cost of a 171 for a toy, but with as many toys as I have, the 170 is better. Plus with all the idiots drivin around here,, I would not enjoy driving a high dollar car as much as one that is expendable. :rb :rb

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Wish I could justify the cost of a 171 for a toy, but with as many toys as I have, the 170 is better. Plus with all the idiots drivin around here,, I would not enjoy driving a high dollar car as much as one that is expendable. :rb :rb
says the guy with the 63 Corvette SW, 67 Chevelle SS, 69 XKE, 56 Nomad, Shelby....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea Cyber, those were bought with old 1960's dollars. I know, same difference but when you say I paid 5000 for a 1967 Shelby GT 500 it sounds better than I paid 70k for an SLK. Plus back then I was 10 feet tall and bulletproof and could care less about tomorrow, I want it now. I got it now. Now I live on basically what I make, won't touch investments or monies I inherited til I cannot work any longer. So I let you guys buy the brand new machines, take the hit and when I pick one up for about one forth what it was new and spend a little on it, I can drive with you all day and have as much fun as you. For those who have but one hobby (a car) I say do what makes you happy, you worked for it, enjoy. I have too many hobbies to fully devote all my assets to any one would cheat me out of others. I counted the cars in my drive the other day, went back and ciphered what I paid and the worth of each today and it is scary the loss. 1998 Durango SLT Plus all options new 29k now with 38k miles maybe 8k. 99 Lightning 31k new, 14k miles now maybe 17k, lose lose. 1963 SW Corvette 3k new, now with 7k miles, 175k or more. Its all in the perspective anyway. Ramble Ramble, Im good at that....:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :tu: :tu: :tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Yea Cyber, those were bought with old 1960's dollars. I know, same difference but when you say I paid 5000 for a 1967 Shelby GT 500 it sounds better than I paid 70k for an SLK. Plus back then I was 10 feet tall and bulletproof and could care less about tomorrow, I want it now. I got it now. Now I live on basically what I make, won't touch investments or monies I inherited til I cannot work any longer. So I let you guys buy the brand new machines, take the hit and when I pick one up for about one forth what it was new and spend a little on it, I can drive with you all day and have as much fun as you. For those who have but one hobby (a car) I say do what makes you happy, you worked for it, enjoy. I have too many hobbies to fully devote all my assets to any one would cheat me out of others. I counted the cars in my drive the other day, went back and ciphered what I paid and the worth of each today and it is scary the loss. 1998 Durango SLT Plus all options new 29k now with 38k miles maybe 8k. 99 Lightning 31k new, 14k miles now maybe 17k, lose lose. 1963 SW Corvette 3k new, now with 7k miles, 175k or more. Its all in the perspective anyway. Ramble Ramble, Im good at that....:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :tu: :tu: :tu:
:tu: Great perspective. One question, where you born smart or did you acquire it along the way? I remember seeing a "new" 1963 Corvette Stingray in the showroom at City Chevrolet back in 1963. I remember "WOW". How does one own such a car and refrain from driving it (7000 miles, in 44 years)? Doug, question, did you do as well picking stocks as you did with your choices of old vintage autos? Got any tips for a bud?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
-1-, The cars were mostly luck. As a teen car nut who's Grand Father left him very well off, I bought cars I wanted. My Father was open for that and although not inclined himself, took great pleasure in my adventures. Golf, football, surfing, scuba (yes scuba was invented way back then), sky diving, flying, shooting, cars, drag racing and finally the most expensive, GIRLs. I bought, traded for and otherwise acquired cars I wanted. My Father owned several buildings so keeping cars was not a problem. Being raised in and around Jacksonville NC helped with the USMC base and all the Marines. Picked up many cars from Marines shipping out or other circumstances. Drag racing also provided many opportunities to get STUFF(GURLS too). My father was a big influence as he was a self starter and became quite well off thru land investment and business ventures. He invested in a very good CPA who since 1955 has guided our financial dealings. That is where I learned to play the stock market which I did for years until one day I was up at 2 am with three phones going buying off shore stocks and the realization that life was more than money and material stuff hit me. That same morning I turned everything over to the CPA and his son and have not looked back. I get my quarterly report which I seldom look at (too many 000000's) and I live life to the fullest. Moral of this rambling: There is no moral, its all luck.....:tu: :tu: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I hope when the time comes for the possibility of gaining a new SLK and/or a used Cessna Cardinal the wife doesn't make me choose! If that be the case, I'll be buried in the SLK...lol ...or an airplane. Gotta watch out for those windshear conditions!! :td:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.