Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I purchased my 1999 Calypso Green (personal preference, but I really like this color) SLK230 last fall. It spent the winter and spring in my garage and I'm just getting her ready for the summer. It has 64,000 miles and a stick shift. Purchased the car in another state and had a great 5 hour drive to bring it home. Looking forward to seeing what I can learn about the car and read about the smarttop conversion. I might have to wait awhile as we just welcomed our new son into the family.
Do used smarttops ever come on the market for sale and would it be something to investigate? Like to here some comments and advice.
Thanks in advance to everyone here. I signed up for the forum months ago, but finally had a couple of hours to get acquainted.
Jim

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,228 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hello All,
I purchased my 1999 Calypso Green (personal preference, but I really like this color) SLK230 last fall. It spent the winter and spring in my garage and I'm just getting her ready for the summer. It has 64,000 miles and a stick shift. Purchased the car in another state and had a great 5 hour drive to bring it home. Looking forward to seeing what I can learn about the car and read about the smarttop conversion. I might have to wait awhile as we just welcomed our new son into the family.
Do used smarttops ever come on the market for sale and would it be something to investigate? Like to here some comments and advice.
Thanks in advance to everyone here. I signed up for the forum months ago, but finally had a couple of hours to get acquainted.
Jim
Welcome! Post some pictures of that rare green gem! By smarttops on the market, you mean new or used? The SLK Store sells them for your car (should be a link on this site) for about $300 or a little less. Where in NJ are you from? Spent a few years living in Park Ridge, near MBUSA Headquarters.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa Canada. And congratulations on the safe arrival of your son!

Can't imagine anyone pulling a smarttop out of their car for resale. I would think a new one would be the way to go - that way you know it will work for sure when you install it.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts