Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and thank you for the join! I am currently looking to source an SLK or SLC any advice from you all will be gratefully received. So far I am pretty disappointed with the main dealer local to us from every perspective, but mostly in product knowledge. I will research all you have to share on this forum with interest. Again thank you for the join.:smile:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,122 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

First please update your location and vehicle (Put Looking!)(year?: 1996-2017, model?: 32, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300,320,350,55) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t. This takes about 30 seconds to do.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,122 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
11,254 Posts
Hi Florence, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

First please update your profile with your location (where in the U.K.?) and vehicle year and model (put something like "Looking for an SLK or SLC" for now), if you haven’t already done so, as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
Follow this to update: ‘User CP’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’ (and then click ‘SAVE CHANGES’ button at the bottom of the page). Info in your garage does not update your profile.

We have quite a few members in the UK that like to meet up from time to time. If you're interested in joining us sometime (and you'd be welcome even before you've bought an SLK/SLC), just keep an eye on the UK Region section, as we post meeting plans there! :tu:

There's a summary post that I maintain for all UK meets here, and links to examples and pictures from this year's past meets are available here.

Finally, we also recently started plotting where our UK members are - check out the thread for that here: SLKWorld UK & Ireland Members and Meeting Points Map

Thank you
Dave

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Welcome indeed. Through reading this forum, you will be privy to a plethora of information on these critters we love so much. My advice, to be taken with a grain of salt, is be patient and don't listen to everything the salespeople tell you. Research and know what to expect!

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
It takes a lot of patience.. of which I have none.. but that's why I'm now driving a BMW instead of a SLK.. take your time and DRIVE everything!! And enjoy the process. You couldn't have found a better forum with more helpful people than this website. Welcome!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"... but that's why I'm now driving a BMW instead of a SLK.".

But we forgive her for that and know she'll be back in mind AND spirit!

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,404 Posts
Hi Florence,

Welcome from the Wirral.

If you update your location (something as bland as county name is fine)
and vehicle location (something like 'looking for SLK or SLC will be fine for now).

Then folk will stop posting a reminder. :tu:

First please update your location and vehicle (Put Looking!)(year?: 1996-2017, model?: 32, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300,320,350,55) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t. This takes about 30 seconds to do.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.

SLK320chick has given you THE best advice.
No matter what model that you have in mind, drive them.
Sometimes what you think you want turns out not to be the best option.

Always make sure you test the roof. Drive with roof up AND down.
Do any rattles seem less?
It may be that the roof just needs tlc like lubing:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/20937-spring-here~gummi-pflege-lube-your-seals-lithium-grease-your-joints-hinges.html

Make sure you get your datacard as advised above before purchase.
It tells you what the car had when it first left the showroom. So you know what to check works.
eg Heated seats, do they get hot.
Make sure you test everything electrical before committing to buy.

To get a datacard takes less than a few minutes.
If you stand outside the car and look at the windscreen below the passenger side wiper blade,
you will see a clear strip within the blacked out part.
Inside that is the VIN that you need.

Don't be put off by the list of things that go wrong with these cars.
Remember that we post a lot of questions when we have problems.
Just check the car you want hasn't got them.

Enjoy your hunt and we look forward to seeing your final choice.

·
Super Moderator
14,077 Posts
Hi and welcome from Lakeland, Florida.

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.

Marykay
Florida Event Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK 55 AMG
11,306 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome to you from Sunny South Africa, and I am sure you will learn a lot about your very special choice.... once you make it... I know I have!!
D.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts