Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new here, always nice to have a forum for you car with questions and information and ideas for the car. I live in Holland so not always good weather, the hardtop is ideal.

I've got a SLK 230 Kompressor with a 5-speed manual gearbox, pre-facelift in silver and the black leather interior with carbon dash inlay. Was quite the search because most 230K models over here are either automatic or have the red/black interior (which I really dislike). The wheels are from the newer R171 model I believe, 225/45/17 at the front and 245/40/17 at the back.

Some pictures, have to make some nice ones but dont have the time at the moment. These were taken by a mate of me with my cam whilst driving:

I am loving the car, driving with the top down is amazing. And even in 15 degrees celcius (no idea what that is in fahrenheit), no problem at all with the heated seats and the heater blowing.

One thing I notices is that the exhaust is quite noisy, thought it was an aftermarket one but there's a mercedes logo on it? Must be stock but it's louder then the remus on my previous clio. Drove a Clio Renault Sport (RS) before this so quite the change (even though the clio was faster around corners and in a straight line until about 170 km/hour).

I love to go around the track, esspecialy the nurburgring. It's a 3 hour drive for me so not to bad, it's the best track in the world! Some pictures of my previous car (the clio rs) on the ring:

Anyway, hope to find a lot of information on the forum (and help others where I can ofcourse)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,456 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location and vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from California.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Nice Nice! Welcome from Arizona:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome from Istanbul , Turkey !!!

I also dislike the red/black interiors so I looked around for a while before I buy my slk 230 black / black ...

However , I prefer auto transmission as in Istanbul the traffic is really
very bad ....

Clio looks nice too ..

My brother used to have a R 5 TURBO ( 1982 ) and it was really special.

Welcome again...

Kıvanç DUNDAR

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.