Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2003 SLK320
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi as some of you know I just got my car back after my crash in January.
It had to have a new drivers side headlight fitted and ive noticed its sort of brighter different colour looking light. Ive noticed on the parts list from the crash repairers a wiring mod kit part number 170821115/98 was fitted why was that needed and would that have something to do with the headlight looking different when on ?

Dave

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,529 Posts
The wiring mod kit is needed because the 1998 to early 2000 SLK's have a different connector on the headlight.
In the invoice does it say what kind of lamps they put in the headlights?
It may be as easy as putting a matching set of lamps in the old headlights.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,946 Posts
Yes, the color of the light changes over time and even from batch to batch. if you want matching hues, consider replacing the remaining bulb with an identical bulb, or even replace both with a bulb of your choosing.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,761 Posts
Could it be because it's a new , clearer , cleaner glass on the new light or that the new interior reflector is in better condition than the old one ??

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Could it be because it's a new , clearer , cleaner glass on the new light or that the new interior reflector is in better condition than the old one ??
Yes, it might be but bulbs do fade out over the time =)
Taken from wiki answers:
"Halogen Car bulbs do lose a little brightness over time as the filament wears and the glass becomes cloudy.
HID Bulbs also change over time, with the light moving to a higher Kelvin rating (more blue).

Long life halogen bulbs are often the most susceptible to fading, which is especially noticeable as their light performance is often not that great to begin with."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.