Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Just got a 99 230, manual trans , found your forum. Looking for fun and this auto seems to fit the bill. Look forward to talking with many of you in the future.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Hello from Germany. Where do you come from? Do you have pics of your car?

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: Welcome! Plenty of R170 guys and information here. Regardless what model you drive, we're all SLK family here.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Excellent! Another R170! Welcome 412driver!!! Although, -1- is correct, we're all about any SLK here!

Make sure you stop by the thread "What does it mean?"

Look forward to pics and more posts!! :tu:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Make sure you stop by the thread "What does it mean?"

[/ :QUOTE]

I assume 412driver means Pittsburgh driver, 412 is Pittsburgh's area code, (thank god for google) :D

And Welcome to the forum.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Another warm welcome!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im from Salisbury NC USA and the 412 driver refers to the helicopter I fly at the hospital. I will figure out the picture adding soon, funny, I fly an 8 million $ helo but a computer drives me mad. I decided on the SLK as an alternative to waiting for a Saturn Sky. Have always wanted an SLK and finally found the one I want 1999,230 Silver/ Black and Red interior, manual trans. Look forward to commo with you all.

·
19,400 Posts
You can update your location by going to User CP at top row, then click Edit Profile on left hand column, and add information on vehicle and location within the Edit profile Additional Information Dialog box and click Submit.

·
19,400 Posts
Silver and red is a very good color combination. Are you going to remove the protective plastic cover on the carpet? The engine compartment is showroom clean. :tu:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
awesome! make sure you add your location and car info in your user cp

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
In 1998, I wanted the SLK230K badly either in Blue/Blue and Black or White/Black and Red interior. I still think they look really good till this day, but your interior is very very very clean! Enjoy it in good health.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all for the kind words. I am going to have to buy another, when my wife saw this one she claimed it. Oh well, I always said she had good taste (she claimed me 22 years ago).

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
The interior looks great! The whole car looks great, but I'm all about things that stand out and your interior does just that. AND, it certainly doesn't hurt you're a fellow pilot...in a "spinning" sort of way...:tu:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Kevin, I fly starch wing also, ATP,CFII,Bell 412,B737,B747. Prefer Rotor for flying, more fun even though it is work. Any good sources of SLK 170 parts in Germay you know of?

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: 412Driver, that's a great R170 SLK you have. EXCELLENT condition. I must admit, I have a weakness for silver exterior and red interior. Salisbury, NC, been there many times. I've lived and worked in both Greensboro and Charlotte.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.