Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!!

Been lurking for a couple yrs lol..now that I having a few issues and can't find any info I'd guess it was time to say hey!

I have a
Slk320
168,199mi.

Been having all kinds of electrical problems lately.
The usual issues...top issues,brake light switch etc.

But now I'm getting a p0500 code...I've read it was a lateral acceleration sensor so I picked one of those from eBay.
The problem now is where is it located??? I read center console but where?
What I did find said it might be a yaw sensor??
Did I buy the right part?!?!

Also have p0443 code.....evap purge sensor..picked up one from eBay also.

Can you guys help me find some references to a thread or a diy thread.

I also picked up so interior paint to fix the flakey center console..I figured might as well since I'll probably scratch it up removing it during process.

I'll keep you guys up to date once you guys chime in...I'll make a diy video to help others sense I can't find anything.

Hopefully someone knows something

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
680 Posts
You are in the new member introduction section. You are probably better off posting problems in the R170 general discussion forum - see 'Forums' in the menu at the top of the page.

It is also a good idea (when you are in the general discussion forum) to click 'Search this Forum' for the problem you have, as most times it has been answered before, several times in different ways. There is lots of information in there.

As far as I'm aware, in your car, the lateral acceleration and yaw sensors are the same thing and when you remove the centre console you will find it.

I have had very few problems with my 320 so I haven't accumulated much experience in fixing things - sorry I can't help you further.

You will also receive a post soon asking you to update your profile.

Welcome to this great forum. There are very few problems you won't find the answer to, and people are very friendly.
Tony

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are in the new member introduction section. You are probably better off posting problems in the R170 general discussion forum - see 'Forums' in the menu at the top of the page.

It is also a good idea (when you are in the general discussion forum) to click 'Search this Forum' for the problem you have, as most times it has been answered before, several times in different ways. There is lots of information in there.

As far as I'm aware, in your car, the lateral acceleration and yaw sensors are the same thing and when you remove the centre console you will find it.

I have had very few problems with my 320 so I haven't accumulated much experience in fixing things - sorry I can't help you further.

You will also receive a post soon asking you to update your profile.

Welcome to this great forum. There are very few problems you won't find the answer to, and people are very friendly.
Tony
Thank you.
How to I subscribe to a thread? I'm using the mobile version

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,847 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts