Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,759 Posts
It's about 15-20mins work - really quite easy. Plenty of guides on the forum too. Just watch when buying them that you get a centre star.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
It's about 15-20mins work - really quite easy. Plenty of guides on the forum too. Just watch when buying them that you get a centre star.
When I bought mine, I had to use the existing chrome star.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Nice pick with the single fin look. Looks more like the r172s. I got a 3 fin grille for my r170 which I think looks nice also
I have both the 3 & 4 fin. Though, the 4 fin is heavier fiberglass and an oversized MB star. Haven't decided which one will remain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pick with the single fin look. Looks more like the r172s. I got a 3 fin grille for my r170 which I think looks nice also
Yeah that's the look I wanted to go for, I think it makes quite a difference to the look of the car for £140. Only about 10 mins to fit.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,759 Posts
When I bought mine, I had to use the existing chrome star.
I know - most do not have the star included - those that do are usually used parts.

The difference in cost is minimal with or without the star - but a star on its own can be another £20-40 on top of the grille price. And it's not always clear that your star will fit their grille, either.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Yeah that's the look I wanted to go for, I think it makes quite a difference to the look of the car for £140. Only about 10 mins to fit.
The grill mod, by far, has to be the best "install time to bang for your £/$" ratio there is. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts