Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the black would look good with any color. I've seen this same grille in person on a silver one. That's the reason I picked this style. You really don't notice the black surfaces. The center chrome bar really pops. Kind of a throwback to the old SL's.

Installation took all of 5 minutes. Four screws w/ plastic inserts and two small hex bolts.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I didn't mention that the star is approximately 1/2" larger in diameter stock.

But you did now . . . Brag, brag!!! So you had to spring for the "extra-large" star? :biglaugh:

Some models will take a swap with the OEM star. A good thing to check/ask while buying.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think the black would look good with any color. I've seen this same grille in person on a silver one. That's the reason I picked this style. You really don't notice the black surfaces. The center chrome bar really pops. Kind of a throwback to the old SL's.

Installation took all of 5 minutes. Four screws w/ plastic inserts and two small hex bolts.
That's quite attractive. My star's chrome plate is peeling, sounds like replacing the whole grille is almost easier than replacing the star alone. Hmm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.