Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site. Looking to purchase a SLK 280 with manual transmission.

Was wondering if anyone could provide some comments on the differenct between the 2006 - 2007 - and 2008?

Was looking at getting a 2006 as a second car to run around in.

Thank you for your help

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum from London via a glorious, top-down day in Houston, TX. Number of good threads about the difference in model years - but basically on the 280 the "standard" packages varied a bit, but not much else.

When you find a car you like, grab the VIN and we'll sort out datacards to see what's what.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - Just wanted to make sure there was not any real important changes or updates from one year to the next.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. There's only been one (minor) change/facelift on the R171, and that was around MY 2008.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from L.A. I have a 2006 SLK280 and I love it. The later model years (~2008) have a facelifted front end that I personally am not a fan of. Happy to respond to any questions you have.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,482 Posts
Cptjack,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome from Blighty.... :)

The pic in my sig is the 'facelift' R171....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts