Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I just purchased a '05 SLK 350, in November, and have been looking at it since. It's in very good condition and hope to keep it that way. The wife and I will be going on a tour in May-June, and would like to know what I should do to it before I leave. Thank you for the help,
Scott

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,640 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welcome from Chattanooga.

For your trip...make sure your maintenance is complete (oil, wiper blades and check your tires)
Only thing left to do is put the top down and enjoy....

Enjoy,
Dave

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Welcome from Indy! I'm planning an SLK meet in West/South Central Indiana, June 4th. I'll be posting more info as soon as I've done some re-con work(a couple of restaurants and a few roads).
Stay tuned...

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

As FLSTF stated, the usual checks before a long trip. Make sure all scheduled maintenance are up-to-date. What is the vehicle's current mileage? Make sure all fluids are good, check condition of the serpentine belt, check tires for excessive wear or uneven wear patterns. Make sure the supplied air compressor works.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Southern Illinois! I'm going to suggest a can of TPMS compatible flat fixer for your trip. I'm not fond of fixing flats along the road...good insurance for 7$.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa Canada. Where in Michigan... post some fotos!
Fresh wipers and a full tank of fluid. Tires are the proper pressure. If you're close to an oil change, do it the week before (in case they do it wrong and you get a leak). AAA membership never hurts either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome from MD!...I'd say get a secondary credit card with a picture of your SLK printed on it, because you'll have a reserved pump at gas stations, lol....I think having a properly inflated spare tire is a good note.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts